Saturday, March 21, 2009

Central Park Sketch

This will be brief , but as I was taking my lunch break today in Central Park, I cam upon a few people talking about painting and drawing. They were all sitting around this one guy who was painting a small oil sketch of the fountain. I was watching him paint and noticed that all the people were wearing little "Hello, My Name is..." stickers. I hate to be that guy who bothers people in public when they are working, but I had to ask what kind of a class or group this was.

Turns out they are part of a thing called meetup.com and the group is called The Central Park Sketching and Art Meet Up ( http://www.meetup.com/sketching/?a=wm1_gn).

Very cool idea, and even cooler website if you have never seen it before. All these different groups of strangers meeting up doing all sorts of stuff. These are the grass roots movements that will plant seeds to a new art world that is really an art world, not just an art market.

No comments: